Here’s something simple yet delicious for the 4th of July celebration tomorrow. The sweet frozen treat has the patriotic colors of red, white, and blue from the strawberries, coconut milk, and blueberries. It’s also simple to make: just simmer the sauce, add in the fruits, and freeze. Viola! Perfect to serve before or after the fireworks.
4th OF JULY VEGAN FROZEN TREAT
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. vegan butter
- 1 small pinch salt (white truffle salt if you wanna go fancy)
- 3 tbsp agave syrup (or your favorite sweetener)
- 1/4 cup blueberries, cut in half
- 1/4 cup strawberries, chopped
- Simmer the coconut milk in a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add the butter and small pinch of salt.
- Mix until the butter has melted. Add the agave syrup or your favorite sweetener.
- Simmer until boiling. Turn off the heat.
- Allow to cool down for about 40 minutes.
- Pour the fruits and mix.
- In a Popsicle mold or any container, pour the mixture and place in the freezer.
- Wait to freeze for at least two hours then serve. Enjoy!
For my mold, I used a disposable cup so I could tear around it to get the frozen treat out without having to use too much force. Plus, the shape comes out more whole and intact. Then I cut the treat in irregular sizes to play with the height.